Friday, April 5, 2019

Vero Beach

Hi everyone,

Mary and I are spending a couple of nights tied up to a mooring in the cruiser friendly town of Vero Beach. I am embarrassed to reveal that I just had my first real shower since January 13, when we were at the Nassau Yacht Haven. Plus, we each got haircuts today! I had developed a rather shaggy appearance that made me look a bit like an aging hippy, down on his luck.

We are rafted up with another boat which is regular policy here in the marina and our mooring mates are a couple from England who have circumnavigated on their boat, over a period of 7 or 8 years. Great folks, Glenys and Neville, and I doff my hat to them and their accomplishments.  Hope to run into them on the trip north.

We will head out in the morning, after our leisurely showers. I did replace the second battery, which had been slowly circling the electrical drain. Thankful to do it here rather than in the islands. The other one had been replaced in Solomons on the trip south. Nothing fancy, no lithium, AGM, or gel, just conventional lead acid.

Rocket launch potential in a few days time has us motivated to get up to the Titusville area. Plus, Mary flies out on the 9th. Crew would be great if anyone would like to join me. Cramped quarters, hard usage, and mediocre food plus plenty of terrible weather. Let me know if this sounds appealing!

All the best, Charlie

1 comment: