Friday, April 19, 2019

Survived the storm

Hi all,

A quick post to let you know I got through the storm with no problem. I would estimate the worst of the wind at about 45 knots in the worst gusts. The spring tide was ebbing hard and controlled the position of the boat, keeping it at about 70 degrees away from the wind. This meant the boat was heeled over quite a bit, but posed no problems. The Rocna and Danforth anchors held great. Had a lot of lightning and rain. I almost lost my boathook, which blew off the cabin top, but the hook managed to get caught on a stanchion and I was able to grab it before it went over. So all is well!

Best, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it through the storm. Plum Orchard Mansion lost electricity so we are using the Kohler generator for partial replacement.

    ReplyDelete