Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Goodbye Mary

Hi everyone,

I'll be honest. This morning was tough. I am not ashamed to say that I cried. Mary has been aboard with me for almost 3 months and I said goodbye to her as she headed back to Georgetown for 3 more weeks. We have had so much fun cruising together on White Seal. How many dads get to do something like this? All I know is that I am very, very grateful. Mary will be spending the additional time in the Bahamas on a friends boat and will attend the Family Islands Regatta at the end of the month before returning to Vermont. I hope she has a wonderful time. And I miss her.

Best to all, Charlie

3 comments:

  1. Awwww. I guess you are fortunate to have had this incredible time together aboard White Seal (again!). She's a lucky daughter to have had this opportunity. Good luck managing solo for a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very fortunate. Not many Dad's get to spend such quality time sailing with their daughters. Be glad for the time you had together and strive to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both you and Mary are so lucky to have had such an adventure together. You have a special relationship that most people only dream about, what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete