Sunday, November 4, 2018

Gentle rain

Hunkered down, here on White Seal, in a very secure anchorage near Savannah. Did a bit of maintenance this morning before the rain. Went ashore and picked up a copy of the NYT. That has kept me occupied for hours, but has also been quite depressing. Sometimes it may be better to be out of the loop, anchored in a swamp, and nothing to read but fiction.

But all in all, it is rather satisfying to be on your own small boat, many miles from home, casting an eye on a part of the world that is different and exciting and new. I guess that is why I find myself engaged in this sort of exercise from time to time.

I do hope to get in to Savannah tomorrow. It is a lovely town and I look forward to describing it to you tomorrow evening.

Best, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment