Monday, November 12, 2018

Delightful Florida weather

Actually, there hasn't been any yet. Last night at Fernandina was like sleeping in a washing machine. For a big chunk of the night the strong tide opposed the 25 knot wind and it is hard to say who the victor was. The boat lay sideways to both forces while getting pummeled by the mooring ball on the bow, and bludgeoned by the dinghy on the stern. And I had to pay $21.40, for the privilege.  So I cleared out in the morning, saying goodbye to Doug, heading south in the rain. But there was only so much rain I could take, as well as a dearth of anchorages so I dropped the hook at 1:30 in another tide ridden spot. This time I deployed 2 anchors. My eyelids grow heavy, it is 7 PM and I am tired. Goodnight all, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Hello Charlie
    We just got your e mail on 11th.today is Monday bad weather on Tuesday got to take marvin to eye doctor on Wednesday.i may not go as i am. So insane to go out in bad snowin weather.please remind me why you are doing this.wow you have two anchor..now i am going to the next post to read about you be carfull marvin.ellie

    ReplyDelete