Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Cattle pen creek

That is the colorful name of my latest anchorage, next to St. Catherine's Island. This is a rather remote area that has seen only a light touch of the human hand, mainly in the form of navigational aids. One thing that really impressed me was St. Catherine's Sound. This is a good sized inlet that remains untouched. Ossabaw Island on the north side, St. Catherine's on the south, both uninhabited as near as I can tell, and they form a place of great beauty. It was pretty special to traverse that body of water.

I only did 40 miles and decided to take advantage of another fine anchorage, rather than push on at dead low tide. I still managed to run aground at the creek entrance. No big deal . Got in the dinghy and took soundings to ascertain the deeper water. A 5 minute delay. Tides rule around here.

All the best, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. WELL I SCREWED UP AN DELETED MY THOUGHTS ON THIS PART OF YOU TRIP.
    HOW MANY INLANDS DO YOU GO TO OR TRAVEL THOUGH?BOY YOU SURE USE BIG WORDS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND BUT THATS OKJAYWELL ITS NOW 10;00PM AND ON THE LAST PART OF YOUR TRAVELS.HOW MANY ISLAND ARE OUT THERE HAPPY SAILING. OOOOO YA CAN YOU TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR BOAT AS WELL

    ReplyDelete