Monday, October 22, 2018

Quiet night.....I hope

This evening finds me anchored in the belly of the beast, Camp Lajeune, that is. Actually, the military is kind enough to let cruising folk anchor in a basin just off the ICW. The only drawback is that you may get disturbed during the night by maneuvers. I just know I misspelled that word!

I did survive the latest gale and awoke this morning to light winds, which meant another day of motoring. I am feeling quite remorseful about how much I have run the motor. When I was younger, I sailed a much higher percentage of the time. But the waterway was less crowded and I had the motivation and strength to do the constant work involved. It is too easy to hit the starter button. Probably more of the same tomorrow, given the light winds predicted.

There has been a great deal of blue poly on rooftops around here, a legacy of Florence. And I wonder, as I travel through the area, what are these people thinking? The flooding was bad enough, but what if a storm like Michael hits this area? It is only a matter of time.

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment