Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Annapolis

Left the anchorage at Still Pond this morning and made my way down the bay to Annapolis where I anchored in our old spot at Weems Creek. A half mile walk brought me to a supermarket where I was able to replenish the larder. The plan is to attend the boat show tomorrow, and it should be quite the event given all of the tents, flags, and banners visible to the left of the Naval Academy as I came in.

Met a delightful couple on the Plover last evening at Still Pond, and one of the great things about cruising is that we share mutual friends on other boats. They were returning from a summer in Nova Scotia. We also made an exchange of books, as it appears we are all voracious readers. Hope to run into Bill and Chris again soon. I might see them at the show along with fellow Vermonters Linda and Nile, who are anchored over at Spa Creek.

Also at the show, I am hoping I might be able to procure a hamburger, something I have been dreaming about for days. Another interesting bit of dietary information, especially for those that know me, is that I walked right by the chocolate in the store, with no desire to partake. I will confess that I have had a mug of hot cocoa on several occasions, but I am trying to reduce my sugar consumption.  But boy, I am going to enjoy that burger!

Best, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Treat yourself to a crab cake Charlie. Probably hard to find a good one in Annapolis during the boat show. I looked for you as I flew over the Bay into Baltimore yesterday on my way to World Dairy Expo in WI. Saw only a couple cable laying ships on their way back to Baltimore.

    ReplyDelete