Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Beaufort bound

That is pronounced Bewfert, by the way. Not Bofert, like the town in NC. Should get there tomorrow and do some grocery shopping. Never got around to it in Charleston, since I was having too much fun walking around with Doug Ford, another Vermont boater I met at the megadock. He is also singlehanding his boat south with an eventual goal of the Bahamas. Great to run into other Vermonters! I was also surprised and delighted to have a visit from Betsy Etchells, who was visiting her mother in Charleston, saw on my blog that I was nearby, and came to pay me a visit at the megadock. She will corroborate my account of the number, size, and value of nautical toys of the .01 percent! Betsy is a resident of Ferrisburgh and an active member of the Historical Society along with me.

Tonight, I have left behind the glam and glitter of Charleston and am anchored again in a lovely area of the lowcountry near the Ashepoo and Coosaw rivers.

Cheers, Charlie

1 comment: