Saturday, October 27, 2018

Deep south

In Georgetown, South Carolina, with live oak, Spanish moss, lovely architecture, a traditional main street, and a real sense of place. The polar opposite of Myrtle Beach! I was able to stock up on provisions at the local Piggily Wiggili and procure a couple of articles of clothing at a delightful clothing store on Front Street. Walking around the old part of town is delightful. Bit of a smell from the paper mill, though.

The next portion of the trip is through what I consider to be a really beautiful area, from Georgetown to St. Augustine. This will include Charleston, Savannah, and the sea islands of Georgia, most notably the gem of Cumberland Island.  If anyone would be interested in joining me for some or all of this, let me know. I should be in Charleston in a couple of days.

Best to all, Charlie

1 comment: