Friday, October 19, 2018

Oriental.......someday

Started off the morning with a couple of lovely hours under sail but that came to an end as I turned dead downwind into the Pamlico River and slowed to a crawl. The wind became quite light and I motored for the rest of the day. It was my hope to stop at the town of Oriental, which I have failed to stop at over the years. Nowadays, they have a webcam that you can check the status of the free dock with. Check it I did, and was happy to see it was empty. Checked later, uh oh, one boat. Then, as I was actually approaching the town I checked one last time . Filled up. I was crushed. So much for fresh groceries and camaraderie. Instead, I am stuck in an unappealing anchorage with boring food and no entertainment. No matter, on to Beaufort tomorrow!

Best to all,  Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment