Sunday, December 2, 2018

A 3 mile day

Pulled the anchor at sunup and headed down to the harbor here at Palm Beach. Topped off fuel and water tanks, and reanchored in a rather sketchy place with ver few viable boats. Floating derelicts in other words. This is a common problem here in Florida as I believe I have mentioned before.

Managed to acquire the cruising guides I was looking for, but I struck out again on the oil filter. Sometimes it is the simple things that are really frustrating.

I thought briefly about sailing across to West End tomorrow, but after studying the charts and guidebooks, am realizing it would probably be better to cross from Miami to Bimini. I want my Bahamas cruise to start in the central section and save the more northerly Abacos for the spring. Hoping to go further south, on the ocean, on Tues.

Till then, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment