Friday, November 30, 2018

Work day

Continued with some varnish work, then headed below to work on the sanitation system. I need to have the option to discharge waste at sea, as pumpout facilities are practically nonexistent in the Bahamas. This involved some plumbing and electrical work and I had the interior all torn apart in order to accomplish it. I was done by noon. After lunch I made another provision run and lugged about 60 or 70 pounds worth back to the dinghy. Made another Medicare call. I am officially on Medicare starting tomorrow morning. I feel like a member of the club, so excited! Yeah, right..... Later, I walked 2 miles one way to buy another blanket so my guests can stay warm. Bought it at a Sears, no less, which is bankrupt but apparently still operating. It was actually a really nice store.

I have been surprisingly unsuccessful in finding a place to sell me a couple of Bahamas cruising guides. I specifically waited on getting these so I could get the latest editions and no one has anything available
 I mean the Bahamas are 50 miles away, and even West Marine doesn't have any. I am also in need of a portable radio that receives SSB and AMFM, with nothing found so far. Tomorrows quest.

Traffic here is unbelievable. But I took solace in the fact that everyone had to wait on these 6 and 8 lane roads when I passed under the other day in the boat. Literally hundreds of cars waiting.

Best to everyone, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment