Thursday, December 6, 2018

First world problems

Rather frustrating as I try to pull together some loose ends and watch another potential weather window slip away. I gave up on finding the radio I want for weather broadcasts and ordered one online. Decided to have sent general delivery to the big post office here on Key Biscayne. Called the post office and checked their website to see if any issues. Could not get an actual person to talk to after exhaustive trips up every branch of the phone tree. Placed order anyway. Walked into town and stopped by the post office. They inform me that they are one of the post offices that no longer does general delivery. But they will keep an eye out for it anyway and give me a call if they catch it. Meanwhile, I get an email from the vendor that says it will be delivered by 8 PM. Great! They didn't tell me next day delivery could be that late. It will be interesting to see if I get it. I really want this radio, which receives single side band and allows me to get forecasts when out of range of cell service, VHF, or FM radio.

Will update tomorrow,  Charlie

1 comment: