Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Still here

Hi everyone,

No Name Harbor is filling up with cruisers waiting for that elusive weather window. I should have gone today, based on how nice it turned out to be, but I didn't know that, and so here I am. Listened to the weather guru, Chris Parker on my new single side band receiver this morning, after getting some much appreciated help from another cruiser familiar with those radios. Chris says next crossing possibility is Sunday or Monday. So, Chris comes on at 6:30 AM, and broadcasts the Bahamas weather, from the perspective of an experienced sailor and a professional weatherman. Plus, he really knows the Bahamas. He broadcasts from somewhere in Florida, and the beauty of it is that you can hear him hundreds of miles away, with the right equipment. Much further than the usual sources. So it was nice to check that out. I will be listening regularly. I sanded and varnished the starboard toenail, which had gotten scuffed up during the storm on the Chesapeake and I also fixed the steaming light on the mast. Did some reading, and also had dinner on Calypso, with Jeff and Wendy. Lovely evening. Stormy weather on tap for several days, but nice and safe in the harbor. I did move, though, due to getting crowded out by later arrivals, who didn't think ahead and account for changing conditions. I am non confrontational, (wimpy) , so I just pulled up anchor and moved to a less crowded area. Maybe they will realize their transgression, but I doubt it.....

Best, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment