Friday, December 14, 2018

Yup, still here!

Not a bad day, actually, with delightful weather. Wind is 15 to 20 out of the southeast, exactly the direction I need to go to compensate for the stream. But beating to windward would be a fools errand, and I would likely end up in the Abacos. Tomorrow, in advance of the latest cold front, it swings around to the south, which would be great except for the thunderstorms that are predicted. And since that can lead to reduced visibility, a serious concern given the fast moving ship traffic, I will most likely head out Sunday morning. Sunday has also received the blessing of Chris Parker, the Bahamas weather guru.

I feel a bit stupid, hanging out here for 10 days, but I am in good company, with at least a half dozen boats waiting to cross at this anchorage alone. And, as I have mentioned, this is a very pleasant place to hang out. Been doing a ton of reading, some boat maintenance, and visiting with other folks. Will try and post again before crossing, then will be incommunicado for several days.

Best, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Cousin Charlie -
    Meg gave me your blog address. I sure have enjoyed reading your blog posts. I feel like I'm right there with you, waiting out the weather! Good luck on your travels and keep posting.
    Any chance you'll make it back to Titusville in February for the McVaugh mini reunion? Sure would love to see you.
    Take care and be safe. Nancy

    ReplyDelete