Thursday, September 22, 2022

Reedville

 Anchored near the spot where Tom Hickley and I rode out tropical storm Michael 4 years ago. Much more peaceful today. Very little wind on the Bay today and I ended up motoring all the way. Left Solomons where I had spent a couple of nights following a really great sail over from Oxford on the Eastern Shore. Satisfying in that I sailed off the anchor, wing and wing down the Tred Avon, a close reach on part of the Choptank, then a long run downwind. Finished up with another reach into Solomons, where I finally doused the sails and motored into the harbor.

Yesterday I went to the Calvert Marine Museum, which I enjoyed immensely. Especially the small craft exhibit. I have decided I really need a Hooper's Island draketail workboat. Not sure what I would do with it in Vermont, but it would look cool!

I was tempted to sleep in this morning, but the next couple of days would have kept me in Solomons or had me slogging to windward so I decided to set out. There ended up being very little wind, in an area where I often get slammed. And now I am in Virginia, just like that. I am thinking about staying here tomorrow, then possibly going across to Tangier on Monday.

Cheers, Charlie

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Charlie we've talked about that night so many times I don't know that there's any more to say. Hope that chap named Ian doesn't give you another night like that or worse. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete