Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Rain day

 Wow. It really rains in these parts. Never made it off the boat today. It did stop around 4, but rather than row a considerable distance I elected to do some buffing and waxing. Gotta protect the gelcoat and keep her looking good. Did the cabin trunk. Bailed the dinghy which was literally on the verge of sinking. And, something dreadful happened today, at which I am at a loss to explain. White Seal developed a leak into the cabin, a situation which is totally unacceptable. I actually saw the drip, and was suitably horrified. It is in way of the companionway hatch frame, which I had removed and rebedded a mere 2 years ago. There is, happily, a silver lining. The drip is directly over the galley sink. However, if one is doing the dishes during a downpour, they should expect one drop per minute on their head. Truth be told, there are a couple of other very small leaks when there is a deluge. When things dry out I will address them. 

Supposed to be a bit drier tomorrow. Hope to get ashore then.

Cheers, Charlie

6 comments:

  1. Hi Charlie. There is another Lake Champlain boat in your area: Indian Summer ( Tartan 34 dark green) with my friend Richard La Riviere sailing solo. Sue and I are enjoying your blog. Marc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Charlie, I'm enjoying your blog too! Hummingbird also developed a leak above the V-berth. Steve has been trying to trouble-shoot that. Hopefully, White Seal and Hummingbird's leaks will be fixed soon. Hope you got ashore today! Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never made it ashore! When the following day broke clear, and with a nice north wind, I pulled anchor and ran to Annapolis.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you too Charlie. Wish we were buddy boating but it wasn't meant to be this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Will, I'll miss you and Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete