Friday, September 23, 2022

Chores

 It wasn't all chores! Emily and I went on a tour of the sail loft where she has done some marketing work. We rode bikes through the rural countryside to get there. The wind had died down to a reasonable 30 knots in the gusts so I was comfortable leaving the boat. Emily is tied up at a dock in front of a really choice house sitting on what is probably the nicest piece of real estate on the bay here. I had the use of a marina bike, having paid a very reasonable facilities fee for a week. I also have use of a courtesy car so we took that to the supermarket. After that I did an oil change on the engine, which is a real pain in the neck. It takes me a couple hours, which is crazy, but I haven't been able to speed it up. A motorized pump would speed it up for sure. Anyway, that is out of the way.

I feel a bit like a duck in a shooting gallery right now as the tropics heat up. Might leave for Hampton on Monday. We'll keep assessing the situation. This would actually be a very good place to weather a serious storm, in the marina actually. It is tucked in off this small bay and they have space way in the back. There are some other potential places nearby.

Cool weather tonight, down to around 48. It had been downright hot up till now.

Best, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment