Monday, September 12, 2022

More rain....

 Today has actually been pretty decent, but the humidity is about 200%. Sweat just dripping off with the slightest exertion. It really is an order of magnitude worse than Vermont. But being completely free of minor aches and pains makes it acceptable.

This morning I walked into town and took in the veritable smorgasbord of historic architecture that constitutes old Annapolis. Love it! Also went into the Naval Academy and did a tour of the visitors center. One thing I noticed walking around the waterfront was that there was a lot of empty dockspace and vacant moorings. I guess I'm just early to the party. Ok with me. Translates into plenty of anchoring room.

I just finished doing some water management chores. Dealing with drinking water is a bit of a pain, but critical. I have about 25 plastic containers holding a couple quarts each and available for use in the galley. There's 20 gallons available in a stainless steel tank, but it often has little chunks floating around in it, which results in howls of outrage from the crew. So that is used for washing, rinsing, tooth brushing, etc. Incidentally, I drink it with no ill effect. The I have 3 five gallon containers whic I store in the bilge. So, I used those to top off the small containers, and tomorrow, when I stop to get fuel, I will fill those with nice fresh water. Try not to let anything sit for too long

If weather looks good I will probably head out in the morning.

Best to all, Charlie

4 comments: