Friday, September 30, 2022

Deeper in the Swamp

 Hi everyone,

My friend Emily on my buddy boat and I traveled 17 miles further into the swamp yesterday and are tied up at the visitors center in North Carolina. Two other boats are here as well. Super friendly folks. The rain is heavy and every now and then a gust of wind makes it thru the forest fortress to remind us we are on boats. But this is a really safe, fantastic place to be for this storm. And my friend Will Patten was right about the duckweed on the canal. I had to clean the intake strainer a number of times during yesterdays transit. The engine never got hot but you could see a decreased flow out the exhaust. It was a simple matter to shut down the engine, pull the basket from the strainer, empty and clean it, restart and continue on. Since I was towing Emily alongside, she would steer while I did the strainer. Easy peasy! Took about 2 minutes.

Cheers. Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment