Saturday, October 1, 2022

Silence!

 Hi all!

Happy to report that the storm is over! Calm and peaceful here in the swamp. Emily and I are going to stay here a couple more nights. She is working on writing assignments and we also hope to check out the visitors center and museum more thoroughly.

We did get a huge amount of rain. I had a straight sided bucket sitting in the cockpit that I emptied early on, after about 3 inches had fallen. This morning it had an additional 8 and a half inches in it. The wind was not as bad as tropical storm Michael that I went through 4 years ago with Tom Hickley. It might have gusted around 50. Michael hit 70 and was pretty bad. I can't imagine what the folks in Florida endured.

Happy to be here, safe and sound!

Best regards, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment