Sunday, October 9, 2022

Elizabeth City

 I have been hanging out with Emily here in Elizabeth City for 5 nights. Two nights at the Mid Atlantic Christian University, and now 3 nights at the city docks, all free. Folks at the University are just delightful, and encourage cruisers to tie up for up to 48 hours. Cathy, from the administration, loaned us her car to procure groceries. And they told Emily she could stay longer given her limited engine options. The protection there from the weather is very good. Emily is going to wait for a weather window to sail around by Manteo on Roanoke Island, whereas I will utilize the engine to transit the ICW with its several manmade cuts. She tried to talk me into taking her route, but I am reluctanr to get way out on the Outer Banks while hurricane season is still in its prime. Plus, I cant fit under the bridge to Roanoke and would have to go further out. Not now. Maybe in the spring. Anyways, I will leave in the morning and head for the Alligator River. Will be out of touch for 2 days as there is a whole lot of nothing with no cell service for probably 80 or 90 miles. There are 3 other boats headed the same way in the morning. But I will miss Emily. She has been a ton of fun to travel with. We are hoping to meet up in Oriental. She really wants me to meet Keith, the guy she will be writing for. She will be staying in Oriental for a while. It will be interesting to see who gets there first.

All the best, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment