Thursday, September 27, 2018

Sandy Hook

Hi everyone,

Had a good run down to the Anchorage at Sandy Hook, NJ. Was going to wait till 1 PM to take advantage of the ebb tide but the rolling of the boat on the mooring was so brutal I left at 1130 instead. Casting of I headed out into the river and hoisted just the main. I motorsailed, like I have mostly been doing, in order to get through the insanity that is the harbor as quickly as possible. It really is stunning, visually, but you have to be 110% to avoid disaster. One thing I noticed was a huge Coast Guard presence which was because of the UN being in session.

Wow, 20 minutes of writing on this pathetic little keyboard and most of it just disappeared. I can't face writing it all again, so I will just say I am safely at Sandy Hook with a bunch more rain on the way.

Best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment