Saturday, September 22, 2018

Mast up

Thanks to the help of Peppi and Dave, of let it be my mast is back up and I managed about 3 hours under sail annnd a couple more under power when the wind fizzled out. And the Hudson is still spectacularly beautiful.  It was a vicious river yesterday however, as I got thrashed by high winds and contrary  tides. It culminated in my mooring breaking last night at about 8. I noticed calmer conditions and stuck my head up for a gander, only to find that I was on the other side of the river. Starting the engine I backed away from the shore and returned to the other side where I tried, unsuccessfully to pick up another mooring. It was dark and blowing a solid 30. So I went back across and tied up at the club dock. Gave the broken hardware to the dockmaster who was very apologetic. Once again I received a lesson, that is, never trust someone else's mooring or ground tackle!

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment