Monday, September 24, 2018

Big A pple

Goo into the 79th Street Boat Basin and picked up a mooring. This has to be one of the better deals in this overpriced town at 30 bucks a night. 3 blocks up the hill to Broadway. I'll stay at least 2 nights, given the crummy forecast. Visiting our friend Dominick tomorrow, who will acquaint me with the city a bit.It n riverside  my hope that this mooring holds up better than the last one.

I motorsailed down here today. Good breeze, but inconsistent Needed to get here early in order to get a mooring, which are first come, first served. Went ashore for a bit and picked up some provisions. Starting to get dark and I am hoping for a quiet evening of reading. Although, with the incessant driving  on Riverside Drive, that may be wishful thinking.

Best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment