Saturday, May 4, 2019

Norfolk

Hi everyone,

A relatively short day was in order as I made my way from Deep Creek on the Dismal Swamp canal, through the absolutely massive port of Norfolk. This place has to be seen from the water to be really appreciated. The Navy presence is really something. Dozens of huge ships lined up as if in a parking lot. Including a couple of aircraft carriers. I guess the White Seal looked threatening because I was shadowed by a small patrol boat as I passed by one row of about a dozen ships. There were also a number of merchant ships, but the Navy really dominates. To tell the truth, I really feel quite insignificant in the presence of a fleet like that.

I have anchored in Hampton and I may end up staying here for a bit. Looking more and more like heavy rain tomorrow. We shall see.

All the best,

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment