Saturday, May 25, 2019

Marooned

Hi everyone,

It is official, the Champlain Canal is closed for 'several' days, due to high water. So I am stranded here in Waterford along with a number of other boats, some of whom have been here for 3 weeks. Happily, it is a delightful little town with friendly folks and dockspace that is free. So I will endeavor to make the most of it. I have already done my laundry and a bit of grocery shopping. Will probably pick up the Sunday NYT tomorrow and may do an oil change also. Some rain in the forecast which may affect the canal opening.

Best regards, Charlie

2 comments:

  1. We ran into this in 2011. Couldn't convince the mayor of Whitehall to open the last lock. So I came home for a week and then went back. Rained hard last night. Lake is at 100.44 and rising. 88" of snow at the stake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember Waterford from our trip. What a great place to be "stuck" if you've got to be stuck. I hope your trip through the locks goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete