Friday, May 10, 2019

Annapolis

Hey everyone,

Presently anchored in another favorite spot, Weems Creek in Annapolis. I'm afraid I skipped a couple of places I really wanted to visit in order to keep moving north. Those places were Smith, Tangier, and Tilghman islands. But I did get some real nice sailing in. Nothing quite like charging up Chesapeake Bay and looking astern towards a vista of Whitecaps to the horizon. And yesterday the wind stayed out of the south. Pulling into Annapolis was a treat as usual. There were 2 separate fleets of small one design sailboats racing around 2 racecourses, several J-24's engaged in sail handling drills, 2 large stays in schooners taking happy passengers out, and a handful of boats just sailing around. All told, probably 40 or 50 sail. And on a Thursday evening. The White Seal threaded her way through the congestion and made her way to the creek. I decided to take a rest day and do some small projects. A swage fitting on a lower shroud had me concerned so I cut it off and replaced it with a mechanical terminal. Boaty types will know what that means. I also swapped out the impeller for the engine raw water pump, which was worn. However, now I no longer have a spare so I will try to procure one tomorrow morning in town. Additionally, I picked up some food and other items at a nearby supermarket. Also hoping to visit some good friends who live nearby.

Best to all,

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment