Sunday, May 7, 2023

Oriental!

 Hi everyone!

Sailing wing and wing on the Neuse River with the autopilot doing the work. Realizing I should be blogging more frequently when things are fresh.

I gotta put a plug in for Oriental, NC. It's a small place, with a postage stamp harbor and about a thousand people. Nothing particularly exceptional about it. No grand architecture that I could see. Off the beaten path. About a half dozen shrimp boats. But the overall vibe is just stellar. Enjoying a cup of coffee on the porch of the Bean, looking out over the harbor with my new friend Keith is great. The town is something of a boating mecca, situated as it is on the banks of the Neuse. I spent 2 nights there, tied up at the free town dock. Laid in some provisions, and helped my friend Emily for a day on her boat. You remember Emily, right? I towed her thru the Dismal Swamp last fall.

Gotta leave now. Wind picking up. Attention required!

Best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment