Monday, May 29, 2023

Journey's End!

 Hi everyone!

It was yesterday around noon that Ron and I came round the corner into Kingsland Bay and picked up my old familiar mooring. Nothing like it, to successfully conclude a long trip in a small boat. And I was so happy to be home. My Langworthy side of the family has lived in Vermonts Champlain Valley since the 1780's, so I have an attachment for the place. I was really quite homesick. My lovely wife Meg was waiting patiently on shore and it was so great to be back with her.

It has been quite surreal being back on land. And a distinct step up on the ladder of civilized living. I'm really kind of overwhelmed and will try to post a coherent assessment of the cruise after a few days of unwinding. And after tackling a few items on an extensive honeydo list!

Very best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment