Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Back to the Swamp

 Hi everyone,

I must be a slow learner but here I go again. Tied up at the public dock in Elizabeth City and heading into the Dismal Swamp tomorrow. Called the canal authorities and they report that my nemesis, the duckweed infestation, is gone. With strong northerly winds in the forecast I figured the swamp would be better than the Virginia Cut route. We shall see.

Had spent a night in Belhaven, where I caught up with my friend Paul, who is working on his Alburg 35 in a yard there. Then it was a long day to the mouth of the Alligator River. Today I made my way across the Albemarle and up the first part of the Pasquotank to Elizabeth City. There was some nice sailing involved. Lots of crab pots to dodge. Thunderstorms in the forecast but so far I have avoided them.

Cheers, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Hope you avoided the storms the rest of the night. I know they had heavy hail down near New Bern.

    ReplyDelete