Saturday, May 4, 2019

Cloudy day

Good morning all,

I have a few minutes as I wait for a scheduled bridge opening at the northern end of the Dismal Swamp. I am tied up to a bulkhead where I spent the night. It is cloudy and rain looks imminent, though the weather bureau says only a slight chance after 2 PM.

Delightful passage thru the swamp. I forgot just how narrow it is. And shallow. Felt the keel bump over a couple of logs in places. Near the end of the day I saw a figure on the shore waving vigorously. It was Paul, whom I had met in Elizabeth City last fall, and who has been following my blog. He joined me a little later at the wharf and we had a good old time swapping stories and enjoying dinner. He has an Alberg 35 in Edenton.

After I get through this bridge I have several more in the congested Norfolk area. Depending on the weather, I may try to get across Hampton Roads and anchor in that area. I may be stuck there for a bit as substantial rain is in the forecast.

Best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment