Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Contemplation

 Hi everyone!

It seems I have a bit too much time on my hands here in Georgetown! Happily, I have managed to acquire some fresh reading material and I am able to visit with friends on other boats. But I miss the daily travel, the familiar as well as the new anchorages, and the sense of anticipation that accompanies the pulling of the anchor at sunrise. It really is about the journey. I suppose I could sail over to Cat or Long Island, but I have gotten rather comfortable here. I move about in the harbor, going into town for groceries and socialization. There are over 300 boats here now so it is getting a bit more crowded. The cruising regatta starts in a couple weeks and I bet there will be 400 boats then. And in early March I will be visited by both of my sister's and their families. Should be fun!

All the best, Charlie


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm no good at volleyball, or any other sport involving a ball and hand/eye coordination. Had a lazy eye as a kid and had to wear a patch for a while! Fun to watch though!

      Delete
  2. Enjoy these beautiful days of peace and quiet - you've earned it! Love, Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Might be questionable as to whether I've earned it, but I'll take it!

    ReplyDelete