Sunday, January 29, 2023

Beach Church Today

 Hi everyone!

Those who know me will be surprised to hear I just left Sunday church service! My first time in attendance here at the non denominational service held under the casuarina trees on the beach. It is Christian based and has been going on for years in the Georgetown cruising community. Very nice and uplifting. There must have been 60 or ,70 people in attendance. My friend Jacob from the boat Ruby was playing the guitar.

I am on my own again, having said goodbye to my lovely wife a couple of days ago. A long list of boat projects awaits. The day Meg left I used my boat to tow a disabled Brazilian boat to the Marina several miles away. The towing went well but the Marina was scary. Boats propped up by stacks of cinder blocks and pieces of scrap lumber. Lots of wrecked boats that appear to have come to grief on coral reefs. Equipment dripping with rust and so on. A far cry from Point Bay Marina back home. I hope my new Brazilian friends stay is brief!

All the best, Charlie


No comments:

Post a Comment