Thursday, January 10, 2019

Continued

Since arriving in Nassau I have been more or less hanging out. I sailed over to the northern Exumas for a few days, came back to Nassau because I was out of fresh food, and decided to hang here and wait for Mary and Maggie. I greatly enjoyed Junkanoo on boxing day, but am recognising my limitations in regard to age. By about 3:30 I was ready for sleep, and so returned to the boat. But Junkanoo really gets going at about 4 AM, and I know I missed the best part. I have been doing a ton of reading, some writing, and a lot of walking around in the old part of Nassau. I spent a couple of hours at the Bahamas Historical Society, and got to talk at length with the president and one of the other officers. I have also spent some time drinking cheap iced coffee in shops in order to get wifi. But now that I have a phone I don't have to do that.

That's it for now,

Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment