Sunday, March 19, 2023

Still in Georgetown

 Hi everyone!

Years ago I laughed at folks who dropped the hook in Georgetown and never left. It appears I am now part of that club. It gets pretty comfortable here. Always a place to anchor. The Exuma Market nearby. Friendly locals, some of whom recognize me. There was the regatta. Rake and scrape music at Eddie's Edgewater on Monday nights. Bahamian youth sailing traditional sloops in the harbor. Mailboats coming and going. Getting a bite to eat from Sonia at her shack by Regatta Park. Heck, what's not to love?

I had a great visit with both of my sisters. Covid got in the way for several days but Katy was able to stay at the Exuma Yacht Club. When symptoms disappeared she spent a couple of nights on the boat. Her daughter Elena, husband Mike, and grandson Theo rented a house just south of town. My sister Barb rented a house on the beach near the airport with her kids Samantha, Stephen, and Sophia. Sam's husband Jeff, their son Mason, Stephen's partner Natalie, and Sophia's partner Albert were all a huge source of fun. I got everyone out sailing. With an unusual southwest wind it meant delightful beam reaching up and down the harbor. 

After a couple of days alone I look forward to having my brother in law Mike, and our nephew Jonny join me tomorrow. Can't wait! A cold front passing may keep us in the harbor for a couple days but the goal is to head north thru the Exumas.

Cheers, Charlie

1 comment: