Saturday, November 26, 2022

Rocket launch

 Hi folks! 

Got to see a Falcon rocket launch about 50 minutes ago. Very impressive! It was Britt's first. After about 15 seconds, after which it disappeared into the clouds, she remarked how quiet it was. " The sound will come", was my response, and it sure did. Bear in mind that we were probably 10 miles from the pad. Really, really cool. I wonder if Elon Musk makes it to many of the launches. His head must be so big that is like something full of rocket fuel. With his little Twitter adventure he needs to be careful his head doesn't explode! I really admire the guy.

Got a huge amount of provisions today. Two shopping carts full to the brim. I figured we would just call an uber or cab, but Britt says, lets just push them back to the marina, it's only about 5 blocks. So we did, in spite of my nagging feeling we were breaking some sort of social taboo. We loaded the dinghy to the gunwales and I rowed the goods out to the boat while Britt returned the carts.

I have decided I can stow the ski parka away. Yes, I should know better but I am cautiously optimistic. Next several days look pretty good and we are going further south. Also, I realize I didn't sound sufficiently thankful on Thanksgiving. Truly, I am!

Best, Charlie

2 comments:

  1. Yay for provisions and for stowing the parka! Here in New England we are pulling out all the winter gear! xox Annie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ran into some Canadian friends who had lamented not bringing serious winter apparel. They had their kids bring them ski clothing when they visited partway down the coast.

      Delete