Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Ouch!

Hi everyone,

It is amazing how time flies. This will be our 5th night at the delightful community of Spanish Wells. There is, however, one small blemish on what would otherwise be perfection. That blemish would be the flocks of flying teeth that circle the boat around dusk and attack relentlessly all night long. These voracious little blood sucking creatures are small enough to fly through the mosquito netting without slowing down. Industrial strength DEET is something that only motivates them more. They live in the mangroves about 75 feet away, and their only goal in life is to sink their fangs into the tasty flesh of Mary and Charlie Langworthy. They have been quite successful. Especially Mary. She is a mass of welts. The problem has been a lack of wind. A severe cold front went through last afternoon and while the winds were blowing 50, we were bug free. Sadly, when I woke up at 4 AM, the wind had died and the little cretins were gnawing away at my face and ears. I set the netting back up, unleashed a cloud of DEET, and crawled back into the bunk, being careful to cover every inch f my body. Sadly, some of them joined me under the covers and there was not much I could do to get rid of my new bedfellows. Ah, the joys of cruising!

Sleep tight! Don't let the bedbugs bite!

Best to all, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment