Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Hatchet Bay, Eleuthera

Hi everyone,

Another awesome day! Wind picked up last night and was blowing 25 knots today. This morning we rowed ashore and had a great hike over to the ocean beach. Very rough over there. After returning we pulled up anchor and headed north on the Banks. Given the buildup of waves we decided to put into Hatchet Bay in order to ensure a smooth anchorage. Although many cruisers are rather dismissive of the township we found it to be a charming place. Rowing in to a shoreside bar we were entertained by Emmet who regaled us with some of his original and good music. He is a very good salesman for Eleuthera.

Yesterday Uncle Mike initiated fishing activities by purchasing some line and lures. After setting everything up he cast out the lure as we were moving along at a good clip shortly after leaving Governor's Harbour. In less than a minute he had a hard strike and within 15 seconds all the line, lure, and swivel was gone. Back to square one. This is why I get discouraged from fishing. I think I need to fish with a wire cable and a grappling hook. But Mike was undeterred and had it set up again in short order. No fish yet but we are hopeful!

Mary may be able to post photos.

All the best, Charlie

2 comments:

  1. Mom just told me about your blog and I found you! I didn't realize you were on this trip with Mary. Give her my best, and, cousin, stay well, be safe and happy sails!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to blogs. I see my published post shows me as "Unknown". This is your cousin, Becky.

    ReplyDelete