Friday, February 15, 2019

Talent show

Hi everyone,

I survived! First time ever speaking into a microphone up on a stage. Thankfully I was up there as part of a group. I wrote about a third of the material. We did a half assed rehearsal a few minutes before showtime. It was, as I mentioned earlier, a spoof of the morning radio net. Here is a little sample of my efforts:

Today's weather synopsis is from Biff (real name Chris) Parker. The mother of all cold fronts has formed in the Yukon Territory and will be entering the Bahamas in 2 days. Negotiations have begun with Justin Trudeau and will result in punitive tariffs if this weather is not diverted to Greenland. Should these negotiations fail the only safe place for your boat will be inside Thunderball Cave. Good luck."

So that's a sample of the foolishness we came up with. It was fun. Crowd of around 250 loved it and I got a bunch of compliments after.

Coconut challenge tomorrow!

Best to all, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you have started a new stage life: Travels with Charlie!
    We are back home on the Chesapeake where our daily activities won't be driven by Biff everyday.

    ReplyDelete