Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Sand Road

Hi everyone!

Yes, I am home, but without my boat, which is still in Waterford, waiting for the canal to open. I have been chastised by my dear friend Gretchen who was shocked when I answered the front door last evening. I had actually returned Sunday evening. So I apologize for not keeping this post up to date.

It is great, and rather overwhelming to be back. I am sitting here on an easy chair in the living room, a picture of domestic tranquillity,  and reflecting on the lonely islands, the stormy nights, the challenges of singlehanding, but most importantly the people I have met, and it is all pretty gratifying. I will keep posting as I bring White Seal the last 100 miles and attempt to summarize my thoughts on this wonderful experience.

Stop on by if you are in the neighborhood!

Best, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home Charlie! I'll miss your blog. You're an excellent writer.
    I did the same thing in 2011. Left the boat in Whitehall because the mayor wouldn't open the last lock. He said it was to avoid boats causing damaging wakes in the lower lake but I think it was because we were all spending money in Whitehall. So I came home for about a week until the water dropped.
    This weather is the new normal. Kathleen and I are heading south in Rosie this fall and we're going to be extra cautious with weather conditions.

    ReplyDelete