Thursday, April 18, 2019

Hunkered down

Hi everyone,

Anchored close to Ossabaw Island in Big Tom Creek and will probably stay here tomorrow if the weather is as bad as forecast.

I just read some of the comments and I would like to thank everyone for their kind words! There is probably a way for me to respond, but if so I haven't figured it out. Feel free to email me at charlielangworthy@gmail.com if you would like.

These Georgia sea islands are really cool. Several of them have been heavily developed, also in neighboring South Carolina, but several others are still pretty wild. The one I am next to is in the latter category. It appears to be uninhabited. Would love to go ashore but there would be about a quarter mile of swamp to negotiate first. I will have to read up about them.

Tide changing soon, gotta check anchors. Special note to Will Patten, the Rocna has worked out well! Except for the time it landed directly on top of a discarded crab trap. Crab traps don't hold well!

Best, Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment